Cyber Security Technician
Alternate Job Title: Cyberspace Defense Operator, DevSecOps
(job number: 190018MD)
Work Location: Fort Meade, MD, 20755
Can you help manage and secure the infrastructure for the DOD’s primary public facing web sites? We have started our DevSecOps journey, and need you to help us reach the next level!
OMNITEC Solutions, Inc., (http://www.omnitecinc.com) has an immediate employment opportunity for a strong Security Technician supporting the technical aspects of securing high profile web hosting infrastructure at our client site in Ft. Meade, Maryland.
Quick Note #1: US citizenship and either an active clearance or a clearance that has been inactive less than 24 months.
Quick Note #2: Partial remote/telecommute hours are available, but you must reside locally to the 20755 area.
Come be part of our continuing effort to understand and implement emerging next-generation best practices such as running a lean enterprise, version control, and managing Infrastructure as Code. Help us as we transition our infrastructure and processes into a cloud-based, highly scalable, and efficient environment.
You will work closely with System/Network professionals, Web Developers, Database Administrators, Built/Test engineers and Help Desk professionals in supporting and securing hundreds of sites, including:
Duties and Responsibilities
- Triage and mitigate vulnerabilities reported through bug bounty programs
- Perform regular vulnerability and compliance scans
- Maintain and support our host-based security system
- Work with mission partners to perform incident response
- Create, maintain, and implement policies and mandated orders
- Secure and support the Windows Platform on physical hardware and virtual machines.
- Secure and support ASP.Net and PHP Web applications using technology such as IIS, ARR, Microsoft SQL Server and other web related technologies.
- Support virtual infrastructure locally and within AWS cloud
- Find novel solutions to difficult problems.
- Constantly learn and improve.
- Share knowledge and collaborate with your teammates.
- 5+ years relevant professional experience.
- US citizenship and either an active clearance or a clearance that has been inactive less than 24 months which can be re-activated.
- Security+ certification.
- Experience with cloud platforms such as AWS or Azure.
- Experience with a virtualization platform such as VMWare.
- Knowledge of DISA products to include HBSS, ePO, and ACAS.
- Knowledge of security tools such as Nessus, Burp, and ZAP.
- Working knowledge of Linux.
- Working knowledge of programming (PHP and C# preferred).
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong written/verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server.
- Scripting Skills (PowerShell strongly preferred).
- Knowledge of networking and common protocols.
- Understanding of IIS and related Web technologies.
- Knowledge of Microsoft SQL.
- Experience with technologies such as: Github, Splunk, Elasticsearch, and JIRA/Confluence.
- Knowledge of configuration management using tools such as Desired State, Configuration (DSC), Chef, or Puppet.
- Experience with a CDN such as Akamai.
- Helpful certifications include but are not limited to: CEH, CASP, CySA+, PenTest+, AWS Certified Security Specialty, AWS Certified Solutions Architect, MCSA, MCSE. or CISSP security certification.
Why should you apply?
- Ability to work with emerging technologies.
- Highly collaborative team environment.
- Remote working opportunities.
- Tuition/Certification reimbursement.
Please apply via the link on this posting or via: http://omnitecinc.applytojob.com/apply/
OMNITEC Solutions, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, disability, gender, gender identity, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.