Quality Assurance Engineer
(job number 180035TX)
Work Location: onsite in San Antonio, TX, 78249.
OMNITEC Solutions, Inc., ( https://www.omnitecinc.com ) is looking for a Quality Assurance (QA) Engineer to develop and execute manual and automated tests to ensure product quality in DevOps and Cloud environments.
Why this job?
Imagine supporting 800+ military and DoD web sites, including the the flagship websites for the DoD, Air Force, Navy, Marine Corps, Army Corps of Engineers, and the Joint Chiefs of Staff. This is what you will be doing as you help us support DMA Public Web (DMA-PW), a fast and secure DoD enterprise-level hosting service provider.
DMA-PW provides a wide variety of services for publicly-accessible websites and social media blogs including Web development, Web design, system engineering, network operations, security, training, and site migration.
Quick Note: As this position supports key DoD systems, US citizenship and either a current DOD security clearance or the ability to pass the background investigation to obtain a DoD issued security clearance are required.
QA Engineer responsibilities include designing and implementing tests, debugging and defining corrective actions. You will also review system requirements and track quality assurance metrics (e.g. defect densities and open defect counts.)
The QA Engineer role plays an important part in our company’s product development process. Our ideal candidate will be responsible for conducting tests before product launches to ensure software runs smoothly and meets client needs, while being cost-effective. If you have an engineering background and enjoy providing end-to-end solutions to software quality problems, we would like to meet you.
Ultimately, you will monitor all stages of software development to identify and resolve system malfunctions to meet quality standards.
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts using open source tools
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet client needs
- Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers and product managers) to identify system requirements
- Monitor debugging process results
- Investigate the causes of non-conforming software and train users to implement solutions
- Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
- Locating UI elements and comparing expected test results against actual application behavior on multiple browser platforms
- Create bug reproduction scripts
- Coordinate with cross-functional teams to ensure quality throughout the software lifecycle
- Create logs to document testing phases and defects
- Report meaningful bugs and errors to development teams through JIRA and Slack
- Troubleshoot issues and provide guidance to cross-functional teams
- 2+ year hands-on utilization of Selenium (ie: Selenium Web Driver, Selenium RC, Selenium Grid, Selenium IDE and/or Selenese) for authoring / writing automated test scripts and plans for web applications;
- Flexibility and perspective to understand the environment is evolving and able to understand how to apply yourself for the betterment of the client and team
- The ability to work collaboratively on projects
- Security+ certification or the ability to obtain one within 6 months.
- Experience gathering, analyzing, translating and composing technical information into clear, readable documents to be used by technical and non-technical personnel
- Experience working in an Agile environment supporting SCRUM and Kanban methodologies
- Perform testing post-release/ post-implementation
- US citizenship and either a current DOD security clearance or the ability to pass the background investigation to obtain a DoD issued security clearance are required.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- DNN or other CMS experience would be a plus
- Knowledge of creating BDD tests a plus
- Amazon Web Services, Azure, Google Cloud or similar cloud infrastructure experience
- Any skills with data management and/or SQL
- Working knowledge of C#
- General familiarity with IA compliance, accreditation, certification, etc is a plus
- Past experience with any Scripting languages/tools
Please apply directly via this ad or: http://omnitecinc.applytojob.com/apply/
OMNITEC Solutions, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, disability, gender, gender identity, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.