Quality Assurance Engineer
(job number 190045TX)
Work Location: onsite in San Antonio, TX, 78249.
OMNITEC Solutions, Inc., ( https://www.omnitecinc.com ) is looking for a Quality Assurance (QA) Engineer to develop and execute manual and automated tests to ensure product quality in DevOps and Cloud environments.
Please Note: US citizenship and either an active DOD security clearance or the ability to pass the background investigation required to obtain a clearance are required.
We are looking for a Quality Assurance (QA) engineer to develop and execute manual and automated tests to ensure product quality in DevOps and Cloud environments.
QA engineer responsibilities include designing and implementing tests, debugging and defining corrective actions. You will also review system requirements and track quality assurance metrics (e.g. defect densities and open defect counts.)
The QA Engineer role plays an important part in our company’s product development process. Our ideal candidate will be responsible for conducting tests before product launches to ensure software runs smoothly and meets client needs, while being cost-effective. If you have an engineering background and enjoy providing end-to-end solutions to software quality problems, we would like to meet you.
Ultimately, you should monitor all stages of software development to identify and resolve system malfunctions to meet quality standards.
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts using open source tools
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet client needs
- Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers and product managers) to identify system requirements
- Monitor debugging process results
- Investigate the causes of non-conforming software and train users to implement solutions
- Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
- Locating UI elements and comparing expected test results against actual application behavior on multiple browser platforms;
- Create bug reproduction scripts;
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject;
- 2+ year hands-on utilization of Selenium (ie: Selenium Web Driver, Selenium RC, Selenium Grid, Selenium IDE and/or Selenese) for authoring / writing automated test scripts and plans for web applications;
- Flexibility and perspective to understand the environment is evolving and able to understand how to apply yourself for the betterment of the client and team;
- The ability to work collaboratively on projects;
- Security+ certification (or ability to obtain certification in 90 days of hire);
- US citizenship and either an active DOD security clearance or the ability to pass the background investigation required to obtain a clearance.
- Amazon Web Services, Azure, Google Cloud or similar cloud infrastructure experience;
- Any skills with data management and/or SQL;
- Experience testing Web APIs;
- Experience with Load/Performance Testing;
- Experience with automated testing on Mac OS and Mobile Browsers;
- Familiarity with Robot Framework;
- General familiarity with IA compliance, accreditation, certification, etc is a plus;
- Past experience with any Scripting languages/tools;
Please apply directly via this ad, or view all of our career opportunities and scroll to this position via: http://omnitecinc.applytojob.com/apply/
OMNITEC Solutions, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, disability, gender, gender identity, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.