iOS Developer (Remote/Telecommute)
Alternate Job Title: Mobile Application Developer, Web Services
(job number 190035MD)
Can you develop state-of-the-art native streaming mobile device applications for some of the most visible web sites in the world??
QUICK NOTE #1: US citizenship and the ability to pass an MBI are required!
QUICK NOTE #2: You 100% ABSOLUTELY, POSITIVELY, MUST live in the Washington, DC Metro area (as in Maryland, Virginia, or DC) for training and team meetings. It is 100% Remote/Telecommute work, but you have to be close to the rest of the team and client.
OMNITEC Solutions, Inc. (http://www.omnitecinc.com) provides a variety of robust web solutions to the federal government and the Department of Defense. We seek a well rounded iOS Developer to design & develop native streaming mobile device applications for all current iOS platforms.
You will be a key member of our team helping to provide news, images, audio, video, and publications from military operations around the world as you build, test, debug and deploy public-facing applications.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops and maintains legacy mobile device (iPhone and iPad) streaming video and media applications;
- Performs full lifecycle development; plans, defines, designs, builds, tests, debugs and deploys public-facing applications;
- Handles certificates and provisioning files;
- Publishes applications to iTunes Store;
- Publishes beta builds on Test Flight
- Consumes Restful APIs & Web Services
- Develops and document detailed mobile solution architectures. Integrates with mobile middleware as needed;
- Contributes application concepts for development and consideration;
- Consults with internal clients to define requirements, estimates, and timelines for new or modified applications;
- Participates in review process for potential or new application features.
Required Technical Skills and Job Capabilities
- 3-5 years of experience with successfully developing and publishing mobile device applications;
- Expertise in Swift, particularly native Swift development with an intimate familiarity with iOS development;
- Proficiency with AVFoundation and AVKit;
- Proficient in consuming REST APIs and parsing response body JSON into Swift model objects;
- Proficient in performing network requests using NSURLSession;
- Proficiency with UICollectionView;
- Proficient in handling Certificates and Provisioning Files;
- Development and Documentation of Detailed Mobile Solution Architectures;
- Proficiency with computer application software such as: Objective-C, iOS SDK;
- Experience with Agile development methodologies;
- Familiarity with ReactiveSwift and ReactiveCocoa;
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies, think logically and solve problems independently;
- Ability to apply creative and critical thinking to analyze current strategies and propose state-of-the-art solutions preferred;
- Portfolio of published apps in the iTunes App Store;
- Ability to design and develop intuitive user-interfaces preferred;
- US citizenship and the ability to pass an MBI are required for access to federal systems;
- Residence in the Washington, DC metro area with ability to work remotely/ telecommute, and the ability to make occasional local area team meetings.
- Experience with Fastlane and Cocoapods;
- Experience developing and maintaining Xcode framework targets used by project within the same workspace;
- Experience in streaming video and knowledge of how to use AVPlayer to play video;
- Experience with UIFocusGuide (for tvOS);
- Android development;
- Work independently;
- 4 or 2 year college degree in IT or similar field preferred.
Please apply via the link on this posting or via: http://omnitecinc.applytojob.com/apply/
OMNITEC Solutions, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, disability, gender, gender identity, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.